When we refer to ‘Personal data’, we mean information that relates to you which allows us to identify you, either directly or in combination with other information that we may hold. Your personal data may include details such as your name, contact details, information relating to your booking with us or information on how you use our website or interact with us.
We will endeavor to keep your information as up to date as possible, ensuring that it is current, accurate and complete.
WHEN DO WE COLLECT PERSONAL DATA ABOUT YOU?
We may collect personal information about you whenever you use our services, when you travel with us, when using our website, when contacting us directly by phone, email, through social media or when visiting our offices.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
- When completing an online form such as our inquiry form or brochure request form or when contacting us directly to inquire about one of our yachts, we record basic personal information such as your name, address, email address and contact number.
- When chartering a yacht or booking a holiday we will collect additional information including your passport details, travel insurance, emergency contact details, information relating to dietary requirements and any medical conditions that we may need to be aware of.
- When you sign up to receive email marketing communications from us we require your name and email address. You can manage your preferences to ensure that you only receive marketing emails related to content that you are interested in. Once signed up you will be able to manage your own marketing preferences and are free to unsubscribe from our marketing emails at any time.
We ONLY collect personal details as a result of your direct interest in Personality Yachts. We DO NOT buy any third party lists from other suppliers or share your data with any third parties without your specific permission to do so.
WHAT DO WE USE YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We use the information that we hold about you in the following ways:
- To provide you with the information, products or services that you have requested.
- To manage your booking and provide you with the relevant services associated with your booking.
- To communicate with you and manage our relationship with you.
- To personalise and improve your customer experience.
- To provide you with news, updates, promotions and offers where we have your permission to do so.
If you are unable to provide us with your personal information, then we will not be able to provide you with the services requested including accepting your booking.
You can subscribe to marketing emails via the ‘Subscribe’ button on our website or by opting in via one of our website forms. Your personal information is retained and used to provide you with relevant marketing communications, including newsletters, and special promotions. These communications may be tailored to you based on your preferences and the information that we hold, such as your prior travel history. We are careful not to send you marketing communications too frequently to ensure that they do not become an annoyance.
UPDATING YOUR MARKETING PREFERENCES
Each marketing communication that we send you has the option to ‘manage your preferences’ or ‘unsubscribe’which will allow you to remove yourself from our mailing list. Alternatively, you can contact us directly and we will remove your details.
IMAGES OF YOU ON OUR HOLIDAYS
On the rare occasion that you or any of your family members are included in any images displayed on our website against your will, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will remove the images immediately.
LINKS ON OUR WEBSITE
Our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy notices and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
WHO DO WE SHARE YOUR PERSONAL DATA WITH?
In order to facilitate our clients’ travel arrangements, we need to share personal information with our ground agents and other relevant suppliers such as yacht owners, the Greek port authorities airlines, hotels and transfer companies. The information may also be provided to security or credit checking companies, public authorities such as customs/immigration if required by them, or as required by law.
We will not pass any information onto any person who is not responsible for part of your yacht charter and travel arrangements.
HOW LONG WILL WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION FOR?
We do not hold your information for longer than is necessary to facilitate our relationship with you as our client. For example, when you book a yachting holiday with us we will keep the information related to your booking in order to fulfil your travel arrangements. After that, we will keep the information for a period which enables us to handle or respond to any complaints, queries or concerns relating to the booking. The information may also be retained so that we can continue to improve your experience with us and to enable us to set your loyalty membership status.
We will actively review the information we hold and delete it securely, or in some cases put it beyond use, when there is no longer a legal, business or customer need for your information to be retained.
If at any time you wish your information to be deleted from our system, please contact us at email@example.com
HOW SECURE IS YOUR DATA?
We have taken all necessary steps to put in place the appropriate security measures to protect your information. When you book your yachting holiday online, we use the latest secure server software which encrypts your booking information and payment details on submission.
REQUESTING A COPY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION
You are entitled to a copy of any information held on you by Personality Yachts. If you would like to see this, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We will provide a copy of your information within 30 days of a request.